Holly Clarke is a master negotiator who thrives on challenges.
Look at her track record.
With experience guiding businesses through U.S. and international government contracting in the aviation and aerospace industries, Holly has spent the majority of her career as in-house counsel for companies including General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc., L-3 Communications Aerospace Systems and Caterpillar Inc., where she led teams in legal matters involving contract procurement, negotiation, performance, close-outs and disputes.
Her expertise includes managing contracts with the U.S. Department of Defense for the Army, Air Force and Navy as well as NASA, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA), the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and the General Services Administration (GSA). Internationally, Holly has negotiated and served as lead counsel on million-dollar deals with the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence, the Republic of South Korea, the Royal Australian Air Force, the New Zealand Air Force, and several other international sales, services and offset contracts.
Her approach to clients begins with understanding their business goals and then creating a legal strategy to help the company get there.
On a personal note, Holly is an avid fan of college football, especially her Oklahoma Sooners. She has been known to make special arrangements to watch games via Facetime from multiple countries, including the UK, France and Australia.
- U.S. and International Government Contracts
- Bid Protests
- International Offsets
- ITAR Compliance
- Corporate Law
- False Claims Act
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employment Law
- Corporate Compliance
- Led a multidisciplinary team through negotiations and contract award of a billion-dollar international program with the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence (“UK MOD”).
- Successfully negotiated and closed a $100 million direct-commercial sales contract with the UK MOD six weeks before the closing deadline.
- Lead counsel on FMS sale of transport aircraft to Royal Australian Air Force.
- Led negotiations with customers and business partners located in Italy, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
- Created an international corporate library comprised of detailed resource materials, legal memoranda, desk-reference guides, and quick-reference travel materials for multiple countries across the Middle East, Europe, Asia and South America.
- Successfully executed dissolution strategy of a joint-venture with an Italian joint-venture teammate. Successfully reformed the business relationship to better meet each company’s business objectives.
- Devised and led successful negotiations with the New Zealand Ministry of Defense regarding the upgrade of New Zealand’s fleet of C-130 aircraft.
- Successfully negotiated and settled dispute between client and the United States Corps of Engineers resulting in a significant monetary settlement in client’s favor.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., 2001, with honors
- University of Oklahoma, B.A. Letters, cum laude
- Floyd and Irma Calvert Research Fellow
- Academic Achievement Awards in Public International Law and Securities Regulation
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers