How many lawyers can say:
- They know what their clients are going through because they have managed a family-owned business and have dealt with employees, distributors, profit and loss statements, and the like?
- They have experienced things from the perspective of the General Counsel’s office, so they understand how in-house lawyers work and how they think?
- That early in their careers, they already have had a job where they amassed 22 trials and an 83-percent win rate, giving them a sense of the courtroom and an understanding of juries?
Nina Valdez can say all of those things. She can trace them all back to the lessons she learned while watching her father run his electronics business. It is those lessons - the hard work and pride - that give Nina a true understanding of the value business owners place on their companies. Her in-house clerkship at a global food service company and her time as a prosecutor with the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office add to her strong background.
Nina combines her experience and prosecutorial focus with her role as a business trial lawyer to help defend companies in complex litigation. Her background and success in the courtroom benefit every client she represents.
- Commercial litigation
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., Art History, 2006