Christopher M. McDowell
While everyone wants to win, not everyone is willing to do the work to be in a position to win. Chris combines creativity, intensity, and hard work to serve his clients by helping position them to resolve their legal disputes on their own terms whether in the board room or in the court room.
Chris works with individuals and businesses to resolve their commercial, business tort, and intellectual property disputes. From a banking and business background, he makes understanding the unique business, facts, law, and risks a first priority. His experience includes:
- Commercial disputes including business torts, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duties
- Intellectual property including trade secret misappropriation claims, trademark infringement, and patent infringement
- Personal injury, premises liability, product liability and wrongful death claims
- Breach of contract, and business and partnership disputes
- Dram Shop claims and investigations
- Class actions
- Employment issues including covenants not to compete
- Represented a national restaurant chain in wrongful death dram shop claims throughout Texas.
- Obtained a defense judgment for a water purification company against claims involving breach of shareholder agreement, covenant not to compete, and misappropriation of trade secrets used in the manufacture of water purification systems.
- Obtained a summary judgment on fraud claims and then obtained a zero dollar dismissal for defendant purchasers of a corporation.
- Obtained a summary judgment for a national restaurant chain against assault claims on the premises.
- Represented a national retailer on a property lease dispute with the landlord.
- Represented national insurance brokerage firm in the protection of trade secrets and confidential information upon the departure of employees.
- Represented a hotel management company in the collection of amounts due under hospitality contracts.
- Represented governmental and private entities in disputes concerning compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and the Texas Open Records Act.
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- All Texas State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- All United States District Courts sitting in the State of Texas
- All United States District Courts sitting in the State of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- The University of Memphis, J.D., cum laude, 1997
- Editor-in-Chief, The University of Memphis Law Review
- Baylor University, B.B.A. in Economics and Finance, 1989